TikTok has been very popular among social media platforms recently and continues to increase its popularity day by day. If you are using the TikTok app, it is likely that TikTok had set a random username for you when you sign up for it. If you want to get rid of this username and use the username you create, you are lucky because the TikTok app makes this very easy for you. Now let us tell you how to change your username on TikTok.
Why Is Username Important on TikTok?
Username means everything on social media because your username on social media platforms is your social media identity. You have to pay attention to your username so that people can reach you, find you easily, you can reach large audiences, and even attract more customers to your brand. People are always more interested in understandable and memorable usernames because if we take a look at how much time we spend on social media today, it is very difficult to keep all the usernames we see in our memory. But accounts with a simple, meaningful, and short username are always catchy. So now, we will tell you what you need to consider when choosing a username.
- If you are using other social media platforms, it will be useful for you to use the username you use on these platforms. The reason for this is that you can easily enable your followers in your other social media accounts to your TikTok account. Or vice versa, they can easily follow you on TikTok by typing the username they already know.
- Username is one of the things that determines how popular you can be on this platform. Help people choose a username they can keep in their memory. For example, you can simply create a username using your name or surname. If you prefer not to use your name, funny or sarcastic usernames are very popular these days, you can consider them.
- If you are a brand, make sure you have the same name and username on the TikTok platform so you can have a wider audience and increase your brand credibility.
How Can I Change My Username on TikTok?
Changing the username on the TikTok app is effortless and takes just a few seconds. You can quickly change your username on TikTok by following the steps below.
- Log in to the TikTok app and go to your profile.
- You will see a button named Edit Profile in your profile, click this button.
- In the screen that opens, you will see your current username. Click on this section and type the new username you chose in this field.
- If the username you want to use is not used by someone else, you are lucky because you can successfully change your username.
You can change the username once within thirty days on TikTok.
This means that another user is using the username you want to use, and you must choose another username.
The TikTok application does not have a restriction in this regard.
In this article, we explained to you how to change the username and the importance of the username on TikTok. We hope you have easily understood what you should pay attention to when choosing your username and how you can change your username through the TikTok app. You can also use the tips we provide in this article on other social media platforms too. Check our website for more information about TikTok and social media.